Friday, April 6, 2007

TOO MANY PHOTOS?





I WAS WONDERING IF WE ARE TAKING TOO MANY PHOTOTGRAPHS. WHEN I LOOK AT PEOPLE'S BLOGS OR FLICKR SITES, I AM OVERWELMED. SOME PEOPLE HAVE OVER A THOUSAND PHOTOS ON THEIR SITE. EVERYTHING SEEMS TO BE OPEN SEASON. I'VE SEEN HUNDREDS OF PHOTOS OF FEET, MEALS, LOVE ONES IN EMERGENCY ROOMS AND MORE SELF PORTRAITS THAN I CAN COUNT. IT'S TOO MUCH TO TAKE IN. MAYBE WE NEED TO BE A LITTLE MORE SELECTIVE .I WOULD RATHER SEE A FEW GOOD PHOTOS THAN HUNDREDS OF MEDIOCRE PERSONAL SNAPSHOTS.

7 comments:

kate said...

"Mediocre personal snapshots"--whoa you have put yourself under fire-hopefully those Howard girls won't walk in your shop to slap you!! I agree with you about self-portraits--I have nothing in me that wants to do that-maybe if I was back in my prime beauty years...no, not even then--your blog made me laugh. I hear ya.

Damien said...

i know man. boil it down, edit, delete. less is more.

Lowen said...

What a sour puss!

Damien said...

hey bob. those dad-blamed howards are taking over your blog.

Esmé said...

I agree, why put up blurry photos with peoples heads cut off? Be selective!

Esmé said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vincent Howard said...

Bob,

I feel your pain.

Nevertheless, I can't imagine myself putting down a friend's photo album and telling him, "you know, you really ought to pare this thing down; there's too many shots of you kicking around France looking for action, and way too many of you staring into the fire at Burning Man."