Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentines Day



As you know Valentines Day was on Saturday. I spent the day building a bookcase for my daughter Esme', which I had promised months ago to have for her by Valentines Day. Esme' had a party and in order to declutter her office/work room she needed the bookcase. It was delivered an hour before the party just as her mother had predicted. It would have been delivered earlier but I fell asleep and Esme' was frantically calling me knowing I was comatose.
In the meantime my wife Sue, part owner of a flower shop, Making Arrangements, was filling the last of her Valentine orders. She did most of the work herself because her partner Gloria was down with pneumonia.
The flowers were delivered, the bookcase filled and the party was a success. All in a days work.

1 comment:

Esmé Wright Oehmig said...

Thanks for my beautiful and very useful bookshelves! You are the best dad ever, even though you fall asleep when important things are happening!